[Development] Qt WebKit dependency in Qt Assistant

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Sat Jan 2 12:38:54 CET 2016

On Saturday 02 January 2016 10:07:28 Alejandro Exojo wrote:
> El Saturday 02 January 2016, Aleix Pol escribió:
> > Hi,
> > One of the big news lately is the deprecation of Qt WebKit module.
> >
> > One of the Qt dependencies on it is assistant (which is a tool I use
> > quite often, really) and AFAIK it's using it quite thoroughly. It used
> > to be powered by QTextBrowser though, as far as I remember.
> >
> > What's the plan there?
>
> It can be compiled to use QTextBrowser instead of WebKit, and it received some
> commits a year ago to improve that abstraction:

... and I hope this is not the final plan (using QTextBrowser instead of a real HTML engine),
since then our help pages (we integrated assistant into our product) would no longer render correctly.

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.lillehus.at