[Development] Android Qt service discovery (was: Requesting New Repository - QtZeroConf)

Samuel Stirtzel s.stirtzel at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 6 12:41:29 CET 2016

> Project name: QtZeroConf
>
> Project description:
> QtZeroConf is a wrapper class for various mDNS discovery libraries across
> multiple platforms:
>
> Linux -> Avahi-client
> Android -> Avahi-core or Android Network Discovery Service

Hi,

is there any sample code available for the avahi-core based service discovery?

Recently I have compiled avahi with the Qt5 and Android patches via android-ndk,
but some code is necessary to use avahi-core in Qt applications [1].
So before I start reinventing the wheel, I'd rather ask here if any
code is already available.

[1] Like the emission of signals for the services found, embedded server setup.
Basically something like
https://github.com/lathiat/avahi/blob/master/examples/core-browse-services.c
but with a "qt poll" instead of a "simple poll" etc.

--
Regards
Samuel