[Development] Question about QCoreApplicationData::*_libpaths

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Jan 15 23:20:20 CET 2016

On Friday 15 January 2016 18:42:43 Marc Mutz wrote:
> And you will see it over and over again until enough people are fixing
> premature pessimisations in existing Qt code. There's a notable increase
> already. But it takes a long time to turn a supertanker around...

Some of us call them "trade-offs". Every trade-off is a pessimisation
somewhere for an optimisation somewhere else. Often, they're not measured in
the same units or not quantifiable at all.

API quality and consistency fall under those definitions.

> And no, I cannot believe that using the Qt containers leads to faster
> applications. It may lead to applications faster, but not to faster
> applications.

Exactly. TTM is a significant factor and we all know Paretto's Law (80-20
rule).