[Development] qtdeclarative-5.6.0-beta build failure on rhel6

Takahiro Hashimoto kenya888 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 11:35:39 CET 2016

Hi.

Sorry I don't have any info about C++11 code in 5.6 branch. I'd like to
comment for Simon's question about devltoolset requirement.

According to this thread [1] maybe the binary distribution of Qt 5 requires
newer(4.7?) libstdc++ than the one which is provided by RHEL/CentOS 6.(4.4.7)
This might lead updating wiki article of building qt5 to add this workaround.

The Red Hat Developer Toolset has been released 4 times for RHEL5/6 release
(1.0 to 3.0) and currently only 3.0 is supported on RHEL6. [2]

I think These are reason why for this requirement.
And I don't know if the older version of Qt5(5.0,5.1..) could be built with
gcc 4.4...

By the way, RHEL6 is now at second half of its 10 years support life cycle.
[3] I think it would be better to start to consider about Qt5 support for
RHEL7.  As RHEL7 has gcc 4.8, the devtoolset is not needed.

[1] http://forum.qt.io/topic/30140/solved-qt-creator-could-not-find-or-load-the-qt-platform-plugin-xcb/

[2] https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/dts
[3] https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/errata

Regards.