[Development] Binding evaluation during ListView delegate remove animation

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at ableton.com
Tue Jan 19 14:17:17 CET 2016

Hi,

I have uploaded a testcase to

  https://github.com/ske-ableton/public_sscce/tree/master/delegate_data

which demonstrates a problem that can occur with ListView delegates that
can be animated away on removal.

This seems to me to be a design bug in the QML ListView. It seems to be
a simple enough case (and easy enough to hit) that it should be easy to
do correctly without the client needing to implement workarounds for it.

I have some ideas on how to implement a fix for this, so that the
ListView caches data it retrieves from the model.

Before I implement a patch to implement caching, I wonder if anyone has
any better/alternative ideas for how to fix this, or if you think this
is 'not a bug' or any other thoughts you have. Some concerns could be
behavior backward compatibility, API, new behavior in a new QtQuick 2.x
version of the ListView etc.

Thanks,

Steve.

--
Ableton AG, Schoenhauser Allee 6-7, 10119 Berlin, Germany
Management Board: Gerhard Behles, Jan Bohl