[Development] Question about QCoreApplicationData::*_libpaths

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 19:00:46 CET 2016

On 2016-01-19 12:34, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 January 2016 19:16:25 Marc Mutz wrote:
>> - emplace (with Q_COMPILER_UNIFORM_INIT ifdef)
>
> Done in QGenericArray, but not really relevant since we don't support move-
> only types.

I'd somewhat disagree; it can still be more efficient. But you say it's
done already¹, so... cool :-).

(¹ Yes, yes, *in QGenericArray*, which is not in Qt5...)

>> - not requiring op= / default ctor in QVector
>
> Not interesting to me.

What about immutable types? I think this is worthwhile...

I know I've sometimes had to use STL containers due to move-only
objects. I feel like I've also run into this at least once.

>> - move-only payload types (hard with CoW)
>
> Ditto.

Per above, I would *definitely* like to see this in Qt. (Also, movable
QScopedPointer...)

--
Matthew