[Development] Question about QCoreApplicationData::*_libpaths

Randall O'Reilly randy.oreilly at Colorado.EDU
Wed Jan 20 05:29:47 CET 2016

I’m confused about how it would even be possible to contemplate abandoning the implicit sharing paradigm given how deeply embedded it is within *all* of Qt, going well beyond the container classes:  http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/implicit-sharing.html

Seems like Qt has adopted a core design principle here (which has proven it’s value and is simple enough to understand) and it is simply not up for discussion changing such a thing?  A Qt using a completely different design principle for the containers vs. everything else would be thoroughly confusing to say the least.

- Randy