[Development] QStringLiteral vs QLatin1String , foreach vs for range

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at kdab.com
Wed Jan 20 11:58:59 CET 2016

On Wednesday 20 January 2016 08:19:04 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 January 2016 08:12:58 André Somers wrote:
> > Where is this qAsConst coming from? When was it introduced? Where is it
> > documented?
>
> Commit 264c72837d6ff717a248dd180c2dfb45391c6aab, in dev. No api docs.

It was intended as private API for use within Qt. If the sentiment is that it
should be public, I'll add proper docs.

If the sentiment is also that we should start to discourage the use of
Q_FOREACH, then I'll add a \note to its docs pointing at qAsConst + range-for.

Thanks,
Marc

Tel: +49-30-521325470
KDAB - The Qt Experts