[Development] Question about QCoreApplicationData::*_libpaths

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at kdab.com
Wed Jan 20 23:04:17 CET 2016

On Wednesday 20 January 2016 20:48:42 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> I consider STL's inconsistent APIs from one container to the other to be a
> major annoyance. And it is not even always about efficiency: e.g.,
> std::queue and std::priority_queue are implemented in the SAME header
> <queue>, both are queues, yet std::queue calls its head element front(),
> std::priority_queue calls it top().

He's standing at the front[1] of the queue

This item has top priority.

Get it?

I guess you'll also find these terms in text books.

[1] Yes, "head". I guess Alex Stepanov can be excused for picking this one
"wrong". With head(), the other-end function would have had to be tail() and
that's just wrong for a person, as he was, coming from Lisp. A list's tail is
the rest of the list, after the head.

Tel: +49-30-521325470
KDAB - The Qt Experts