[Development] Heads up for Qt Bug Report & Code Review users

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at theqtcompany.com
Fri Jan 22 15:16:54 CET 2016

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 03:50:58PM -0800, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Looks like I will soon[*] have a problem: I use two different accounts for my
> Qt services. I need to use the account associated with my Intel mail address
> for Code Review, as that's the one associated with the Corporate CLA.
>
> But Intel's mail servers are bad (read: Exchange), so I use my personal
> account on JIRA. All the bug reports I'm associated with and the components
> I'm the default assignee for are with this account. I don't want to change it.
>
> So how do I keep receiving bug report email to my personal inbox while logged
> in to Gerrit with the Intel account?

you're only one person, so having just one account is fine. just
associate both addresses and both CLAs with it - ultimately, it's your
responsibility to submit code as the right "persona" (with the right
address) anyway.

email delivery in gerrit is unfortunately determined by the publicly
displayed primary address, so people would see your non-intel address
in the reviewer list. this doesn't seem like a big deal.
however, there is actually a catch ... this address is also used for the
reviewed-by footers, and that might indeed be considered a big deal. :/

here's an idea: we can make an email alias on the qt-project mta (which
gerrit uses for notifications), so your account (and list activity)
would look all intel-y, but all mail would actually go elsewhere. this
would affect all and only your qt-project activity, so this should be ok
from a legal perspective.