[Development] Question about QCoreApplicationData::*_libpaths

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Jan 22 22:23:56 CET 2016

On Friday 22 January 2016 18:02:53 Bubke Marco wrote:
> Actually what is happen if I am in the middle of changing a qvector,  and
> then copying the vector in an other thread?

s/qvector/int/ and that answers your question.

If you're mutating the same variable, then either use a mutex or use atomic
operations (for which there aren't any for QVector). If you're operating on
different variables, then you're safe, regardless of where the actual data
came from.

If you're only reading the same variable and the proper memory barriers were
in place for obtaining it, then you can do that without a mutex or atomic
operations.