[Development] Question about QCoreApplicationData::*_libpaths

Andre Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Sat Jan 23 17:52:11 CET 2016

On 23-1-2016 17:39, Milian Wolff wrote:
> On Freitag, 22. Januar 2016 22:51:30 CET Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> Marc Mutz wrote:
>>> And this is where I stop taking you seriously, sorry. You can demand such
>>> nonsense, but if you do, _do_ the work yourself. Go. Implement those 80+
>>> algorithms from the STL for Qt. Or play god deciding which are the ones
>>> "no- one will ever need" or "should never use" - IYHO.
>> I'd already be happy with those that were (are, actually) already there. I'd
>> rather have 10-20 common algorithms with a convenient API than 80+ obscure
>> ones that force me to use iterators (especially the boilerplate .begin()
>> and .end() iterators that will be used in 99+% of the cases – copy&paste
>> programming sucks).
> You should educate yourself by watching a few of Sean Parent's talks and it
> will become clear that most of these "obscure ones" are actually very
> applicable in many scenarios where you currently write handwritten loops which
> are probably not as efficient and well-tested as the STL implementations. The
> code also becomes more self-explaining by using algorithms.
I can certainly agree with that one! Google for No Raw Loops for
instance. Also, there are a lot of classes by Stephanov online that are
quite educational (A9 published a couple of series on YouTube). There is
even one where Sean Parent comes to talk to Stephanovs class there. It
is an extended version of the No Raw Loops talk you'll find elsewhere.

It pays off to familiarize yourself with these algorithms. You can use
them more often than you think.

André