[Development] qt quick with dummydata/context in Ubuntu 15.10

Fabian Sturm f at rtfs.org
Wed Jan 27 17:01:26 CET 2016

Hello,

I try to edit a qml file in QtCreator and it obviously has problems
since I refer to a non existent parent.width property.
The solution as described here:
http://blog.qt.io/blog/2011/07/28/mockup-data-for-the-qml-designer/ is
to create a dummydata/context directory and in this create a file with
the same name as the original qml file which provides the context.

Unfortunately this seems to not work in Ubuntu 15.10. From the strace
of the QtCreator (and childs) I see that it successfully loads the
context document but then fails loading the QmlDesigner plugin. Maybe
that is the reason for my problem?

Here are the files:

Test.qml

import QtQuick 2.3
Text {
     width: parent.width
     height: parent.height
     text: clock.time
}

dummydata/clock.qml (that is loaded correct)

QtObject { property int time: 54321 }

dummydata/context/Test.qml

import QtQuick 2.3
import QmlDesigner 1.0

DummyContextObject {
     parent: Item {
         width: 640
         height: 300
     }
}

What do I need to do to get ot working? Or is there another way to
provide a default parent?

Thanks a lot,
Fabian