[Development] dev branch compile fails module-qtdatavis3d

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Jul 2 18:43:51 CEST 2016

On sábado, 2 de julho de 2016 10:23:57 PDT Martin Koller wrote:
> It seems QtGui is referring to the symbol:
> /home/PACKAGES/qt/qt-repo/qt5/qtbase/lib/libQt5GuiWinCC_OA.so: undefined
> reference to `qt_version_tag'

Oh, right. So the problem is not in the tool being built but in QtGui itself.

First question is: how did QtGui link in the first place? It should have the
flag to fail to link with undefined symbols, so either that flag is missing or
the symbol was found.

> so I checked in the gui Makefile and find something I do not understand:
>
> DEFINES       = -DQT_NO_USING_NAMESPACE -DQT_ENABLE_HARFBUZZ_NG
> -DENABLE_PIXMAN_DRAWHELPERS -DQT_BUILD_GUI_LIB -DQT_BUILDING_QT
> -DQT_NO_CAST_TO_ASCII -DQT_ASCII_CAST_WARNINGS -DQT_MOC_COMPAT
> -DQT_USE_QSTRINGBUILDER -DQT_DEPRECATED_WARNINGS
> -DQT_DISABLE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE=0x050000 -DQT_NO_EXCEPTIONS
> -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -DQT_CORE_LIB
> -DQT_NAMESPACE=WinCC_OA
>
> Why does it use -DQT_NO_USING_NAMESPACE _and_ -DQT_NAMESPACE=WinCC_OA ?

They mean different things. QT_NO_USING_NAMESPACE causes qglobal.h NOT to do
"using namespace QT_NAMESPACE;".

Still, QT_NAMESPACE was set. Can you find which .o in QtGui made a reference to
qt_version_tag?