[Development] Source break policy for function overloads

Kai Koehne Kai.Koehne at qt.io
Wed Jul 13 13:55:32 CEST 2016

We should fix

https://wiki.qt.io/Qt-Version-Compatibility

then.

I agree though that we can't guarantee source compatibility in all cases
(indirect includes are one example).

We could establish a rule that methods marked with Q_SLOTS shouldn't
be overloaded. Not that this would've helped, since QTimer::setInterval is not
marked as a slot.

Regards

Kai