[Development] Are QT winmigrate framework will be back in qt 5.x ?

Scott Aron Bloom scott at towel42.com
Thu Jul 21 08:20:31 CEST 2016

A lot of it will depend on what you are using Qt for.

I used the Qt Solution for WinMigrate, which essentially (At a very high level) makes sure the Qt event loop gets called when the MFC event loop is run.

Where I used it was to add Qt windows and Qt eventloop driven functionality (QHttp before QNetworkAccessManager existed).  It worked fine for stand alone top level windows.

I don’t recommend it for modal windows, or for “child widgets”.

Im not sure what you are looking for besides the qt solution for winmigrate.

Scott