[Development] Revisiting high-DPI configuration options

Nikita Krupenko krnekit at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 04:56:52 CEST 2016

> Em quarta-feira, 27 de julho de 2016, às 02:49:31 PDT, Nikita Krupenko
> escreveu:
>> In Material Design guidelines [1] all font sizes are in scaleable
>> pixels (sp). So this size could be multiplied by some factor and all
>> fonts should scale equally.
>
> Maybe we should instead use a size calculated in physical units, like 1/72th
> of an inch. Oh, we have such a unit: points.

The idea of scaleable pixels is somewhat different: user can select
big/small fonts in the OS/application settings and font sizes would be
multiplied by some factor, for example 1.5.

BTW, why use font size in points? As other elements, like widgets,
images, etc has size in pixels, it's better to use pixels for fonts
too. Auto HiDPI scaling in Qt works for font sizes in pixels.