[Development] Fwd: Are there any limitations on implementing the changing of the screen for a QWindow on systems using EGLFS?

Verebélyi Viktor vviktor2 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 11:12:13 CEST 2016

I've seen that patch, and it is definitely a good starter. I was able to
change the screen and run two screens simultaneously using Raspbian's
Dispmanx example (one screen was connected through the PI's DSI port the
other one through HDMI) quite easily, so I think it does worth poking
around with.

There is a callback that can be used for monitoring the status of the
HDMI/SDTV connection (couldn't find anything for the DSI port) , but I'm
not sure how to access those. See :
https://github.com/raspberrypi/userland/blob/master/interface/vmcs_host/vc_hdmi.h

I'll try to come up with a Proof of Concept when I get some time next week,
but first I have to read through some of the other platform integrations,
to get a better understanding of QPA.

--
- Viktor Verebelyi