[Development] Is the MNG format supported in official installer?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Jul 27 17:50:32 CEST 2016

On quarta-feira, 27 de julho de 2016 15:06:29 PDT Denis Shienkov wrote:
> Ahh... seems, the config.tests for MNG fails..

That's because we removed the bundled copy of libmng. You need to install it
yourself first.

We did that because our copy was very old and, at Qt 5.6 times, we thought
that libmng and jasper development had completely stalled, including for
security issues. Turns out there's a newer copy in

https://sourceforge.net/projects/libmng/files/libmng-devel/

But now the burden is on you to compile it and install it before
qtimageformats.