[Development] QtCon rooms for QCS

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Jul 29 17:43:32 CEST 2016

On sexta-feira, 29 de julho de 2016 09:57:11 PDT Morten Sorvig wrote:
> > I'm trying to evaluate if I should even come this time. If QCS is so
> > restricted and if I can't arrive in time for the KDE e.V. meeting, it's
> > probably not worth my time and money (Intel is not paying for me to go
> > this
> > time).
>
> Is there a sharp division between QtCon and QCS?

That's a good question.

> I was told I should register my QCS topics for QtCon, which I have. If
> others have done the same then rooms may already have been reserved. (An
> extra free room for the unconference could not hurt though)

Registering topics is fine, but we always have free rooms for the second half
of the event because topics turn up. And where is the list of registered
discussion session topics? I see 11 rooms but I can't tell what's a
presentation and what's a discussion. If I come, I come to discuss Qt's future
and I'm not really interested in most presentations (and I'm not presenting
anything).

I also didn't see a call to register topics. There was a call for papers for
regular-style presentations, which isn't QCS style and is not what I am
looking for. I may be mistaken, though.