[Development] commas in ctor-init-lists

Stottlemyer, Brett (B.S.) bstottle at ford.com
Thu Jun 2 00:45:51 CEST 2016

On 6/1/16, 5:27 PM, "Development on behalf of Marc Mutz" <development-bounces+bstottle=ford.com at qt-project.org on behalf of marc.mutz at kdab.com> wrote:

>Semicolons and commas are visually *designed* to be
>trailing. And consequently every C++ text book uses trailing commas.

The pros that have been cited include code review and diffs for leading commas.  One nice thing about books is that they are fairly static, so the pro doesn’t really apply ;-)

I thought it looked strange at first, and was weird to use for about a day.  But when the code changes, it comes in pretty handy.  Now I’ve found I like the approach.

My $.02.

Brett