[Development] commas in ctor-init-lists

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Jun 2 02:05:09 CEST 2016

On quarta-feira, 1 de junho de 2016 15:49:20 BRT Jędrzej Nowacki wrote:
>  Btw. How often do you
> _read_ commas? My brain automatically skips them... In the end it simply
> doesn't matter much.

Quite often. There's this author I'm reading that often forgets commas when
writing things like:
	"it should be easy to convince people of the importance of that Thiago
	thought" (comma missing before "Thiago thought")

And *every* time I read a sentence like that, I stop and cringe. There are
some sentences that you also have to stop and think about what the author
meant.

Excess commas are also bad. I remember reading some text by Sune once (I think
it was in Danish) and found it really weird the placement of commas, making me
stop where the sentence structure didn't in my mind call for it.