[Development] modbus over serial port on windows 7 ?

Alexander Blasche alexander.blasche at qt.io
Thu Jun 2 13:42:27 CEST 2016

Denis, that's a nice simplistic viewpoint but does not work for Modbus and comments like the above do not help either.
Certain error cases can only be detected if you make assumptions about timeouts. Otherwise there is no way to determine where one packet stops and where the next one begins. We are dealing with contradicting requirements on protocol and OS level.

Obviously the current point is not optimal. We have to tweak more. Let's see what we can manage in QTBUG-53767. Please shift this discussion to the bug now. Thank you.

--
Alex