[Development] commas in ctor-init-lists

Martin Smith Martin.Smith at qt.io
Fri Jun 3 09:43:22 CEST 2016

>So that means that our C++ code should look like this then?
>if (blah || boo || foo) {  //no line breaking allowed

In that case, yes, because the entire expression is short. And the ctor example that was used originally would also be on one line. Why not? Does the Qt coding standard require each expression to be on a separate line? I thought they should be on separate lines when the list is too long to be on a single line.

martin
Op 03/06/2016 om 08:52 schreef Martin Smith:
>> You can do this, given:
> Nobody does that. We always write: * You bla, or you boo, or you foo, and in this case we would normally write: You bla, you boo, or you foo. Even better: You bla, boo, or foo. You are inventing problems that don't exist.

If you say so.

So that means that our C++ code should look like this then?

if (blah || boo || foo) {  //no line breaking allowed
    something();
}

What a load of nonsense.

André