[Development] QtWebKit is coming back

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Jun 4 22:40:36 CEST 2016

Em sábado, 4 de junho de 2016, às 22:20:14 BRT, Konstantin Tokarev escreveu:
> 2. Is it OK to use "QtWebKit" name for this project, and if yes, how should
> it be versioned?
>
> Pros:
> * It is a drop-in replacement for QtWebKit,

Please don't. You can use the same soname if you are binary compatible, but
please call the module / project something different to indicate that it's
different from the previous effort. We cannot give the impression that it is a
continuation if it doesn't get as wide support as the old one had and feature
parity.

PS: Windows CE is dropped from 5.8, so you don't have to worry about it.