[Development] Header review for 5.7.0 (vs 5.6.1)

Edward Welbourne edward.welbourne at qt.io
Wed Jun 8 16:24:23 CEST 2016

> Following up on the earlier header review, comparing 5.6 to 5.7, I've
> now prepared a review of 5.7.0 vs 5.6.1, following some moderate
> refinements to the scripts.  Hopefully various "not yet merged" changes
> are now in 5.7.0 to fix blemishes noticed in the earlier review:
>
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/160661 – qtbase
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/160662 – qtdeclarative
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/160663 – qtactiveqt
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/160664 – qtmultimedia
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/160665 – qttools
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/160666 – qtlocation
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/160667 – qtconnectivity
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/160668 – qtwayland
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/160669 – qt3d (which no-one reviewed last time)
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/160670 – qtquickcontrols
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/160671 – qtserialport
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/160672 – qtx11extras
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/160673 – qtandroidextras
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/160674 – qtwebsockets
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/160675 – qtwebengine
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/160676 – qtcanvas3d
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/160677 – qtquickcontrols2
[...]
> Please take a look at the modules you care about and point out anything
> that's going to cause problems for the usual compatibility constraints,

I've just re-run the script and pushed new patch-sets to these reviews,
taking account of changes to 5.6.1 and 5.7.0 since then.  These are
(where relevant) rebased, I'm afraid, so you won't have nicely-behaved
changes between patch-sets :-(

A few modules seem to have had commit-metadata-only changes in this run;
I'll try to work out why the script did that - it shouldn't have - but
both qtbase and qt3d do indeed have material changes,

	Eddy.