[Development] QtSingleApplication in Qt proper?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Jun 16 03:43:29 CEST 2016

Kevin Funk wrote:
> To come to the point: We'd like to be able to use QtSingleApplication,
> without having to copy it to every KDE application's repository out there
> and building it ourselves. Several KDE applications (KDevelop, Krita,
> Kate) already do so.

Why can't you simply require it as an external dependency? GNU/Linux
distributions already package it as a standalone package. (See e.g.
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/qtsingleapplication.git/tree/ which
builds both the Qt 4 version and the Qt 5 version from the same upstream
source code.)

        Kevin Kofler