[Development] QtSingleApplication in Qt proper?

Lars Knoll Lars.Knoll at qt.io
Thu Jun 16 21:23:04 CEST 2016

On 16/06/16 20:47, "Development on behalf of Thiago Macieira" <development-bounces+lars.knoll=qt.io at qt-project.org on behalf of thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

>On quinta-feira, 16 de junho de 2016 20:03:09 PDT Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
>> +1, it should be promoted to add-on at least.
>
>As I said, I'd welcome it in QtCore, but a separate module is fine too.

I’d say Qt Core. This should not really require a large addition to it.

>I've been wondering whether QtCore needs to be split in Qt 6. It's grown too
>big. At least the animation framework and state machine should move out,
>possibly the item models too.

It most certainly should. But how exactly is something we’ll need to discuss a bit more.

>I'd like to move XML out too, but that would require moving MIME types out.

MIME types would be one of my primary candidates to move out. But we should consider removing the dependency of mimetypes onto XML in any case, by moving the conversion from XML to binary database into a compile step.

Cheers,
Lars