[Development] QStorageinfo changes: a bug.

Stef Bon stefbon at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 11:45:23 CEST 2016

Hi,

I've found aout that the qstorageinfo has changed recently. I'v got a
fuse filesystem and a qt gui using that filesystem. To detect the
mountpoint the gui uses QStorageInfo::mountedVolumes() and walk this
list.

This worked until recently, now the fuse is not found anymore. I've
found out that the function
isPseudoFs has been changed, and every fs where the device does not
start with a slash is a pseudofs. Huhhh? This is far too strict.

The manpage of mount describes for the device (or source):

mount()  attaches the filesystem specified by source (which is often a
device name, but can also be a directory name or a dummy) to the
directory specified by target.

So there are no restrictions here it has to start with a slash. And
the source --can-- be something abstract, and not a device.

Stef

See:

http://fossies.org/diffs/qt-everywhere-opensource-src/5.6.0_vs_5.6.1/qtbase/src/corelib/io/qstorageinfo_unix.cpp-diff.html