[Development] Qt 5.8 branching & Feature Freeze

Jani Heikkinen jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Mon Jun 20 14:07:26 CEST 2016

Hi all,

It seems there isn't that much objections to proposed schedule. Tony's points are valid but after discussion with several persons we agree it isn't necessary to postpone feature freeze because of missing platforms/versions from CI. So let's proceed with proposed schedule to be able to release Qt 5.8.0 still during this year:

- Branching from 'dev' to '5.8' starts 2.8.2016

- Qt 5.8 feature freeze 9.8.2016

Please make sure all new features are really in 'dev' well before actual feature freeze date (and fulfilling the FF criteria: https://wiki.qt.io/Qt5_feature_freeze). Also make sure all new submodules (also technology preview ones) are in qt5.git (.gitmodules) early enough. By default all modules missing at FF date will be out from Qt 5.8 release (Lars can give an exception by request but we should really avoid that).

Please start updating Qt 5.8.0 new features page here: https://wiki.qt.io/New_Features_in_Qt_5.8 .
<https://wiki.qt.io/New_Features_in_Qt_5.8>

br,

Jani