[Development] Common consensus about isExposed()?

Milla Pohjanheimo milla.pohjanheimo at qt.io
Mon Jun 20 14:28:26 CEST 2016

It looks like isExposed() has it's own interpretation of the implementation on each platform. See bug: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-53252 "isExposed() returns true also if window minimized or completely covered". Our autotests are heavily relying on the result of qWaitForWindowExposed() (in qtbase/src/testlib/qtestsystem.h) which gets the result from isExposed(). This causes flakiness in the tests. See also this task: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-52594 "Make a platform-aware qWaitForWindowExposed()/Active()".

I would like to raise discussion on how do you think this should be addressed.

See Gatis's last comment in the bug report:

"1) Agree on what exposed means -> improve documentation -> fix code in all platform plugins.
2) Deprecate API and find some other alternative for auto tests?
3) Something else?"

What do you think?

- Milla