[Development] Revisiting high-DPI configuration options

Morten Sorvig Morten.Sorvig at qt.io
Mon Jun 20 15:13:16 CEST 2016

> On 17 Jun 2016, at 17:41, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
>

> Everyone I ask about this gives the same answer: Wayland.

I agree, Wayland solves the problem at the correct place in the software stack.

So in this light what we are doing for Qt on X11 can be considered a workaround
while we wait for proper windowing system support. Of course X11 is going to be
in use for a long time and we should make Qt work as well as possible here,
even if we have to give up automatic configuration.

Morten