[Development] [Releasing] brown paper bag issue in Qt 5.6.1 packages

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Jun 24 02:12:30 CEST 2016

On terça-feira, 21 de junho de 2016 23:37:57 PDT Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On terça-feira, 21 de junho de 2016 16:42:14 PDT Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > I propose that we delete the bad tag, retag and rerelease with a better
> > name.
>
> Also: update MODULE_VERSION qtdeclarative/.qmake.conf. It MUST be different
> from the original 5.6.1 version.

What action is going to be taken to fix this mistake?

Suggestion:
 * delete the v5.6.1-1 tag immediately
 * immediately retract all source and binary releases with "-1" in the name
 * modify qtdeclarative's .qmake.conf to say MODULE_VERSION = 5.6.2
 * tag that v5.6.2, update qt5.git and tag it v5.6.2
 * rebuild binaries
 * release them and source

The tag v5.6.2 will be skipped in all the other modules. We update all of
their MODULE_VERSION to 5.6.3.