[Development] Input events handling ideas and feedback

Uwe Rathmann Uwe.Rathmann at tigertal.de
Mon Jun 27 11:28:50 CEST 2016

On Mon, 27 Jun 2016 08:39:42 +0000, Shawn Rutledge wrote:

> We have mostly stopped working on QtQuick Controls 1, because the
> implementation of Controls 2 is much more performant ...

Controls 2 are for "embedded" - what at least means to me: not being for
desktop applications.

> It was achieved by implementing behavior in C++ ...

... and by dropping desktop specific features.

But does your statement imply, that Qt development has mostly given up QML
as a technology for the desktop ?

If true, was it done because of:

a) seeing Controls 1 as complete and satisfying
b) something is wrong with the implementation of Controls 1
c) the overhead of QML is too big for such large projects
d) nobody is interested in the desktop at all

And what is recommended for us users: better starting off with widgets
for new desktop applications ?

Uwe