[Development] Dropping qtserialbus from Qt 5.6 -- it doesn't compile in C++98

Knoll Lars Lars.Knoll at theqtcompany.com
Thu Mar 3 08:50:51 CET 2016

On 03/03/16 08:31, "Development on behalf of Thiago Macieira" <development-bounces+lars.knoll=theqtcompany.com at qt-project.org on behalf of thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

>On quinta-feira, 3 de março de 2016 07:05:10 PST Heikkinen Jani wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> QtSerialBus is a technology preview in 5.6 and so on this shouldn't matter
>> that much, right? This "limitation" should be acceptable for TPs and so on
>> adding this in known issues page (https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_5.6.0_Known_Issues)
>> should be enough?
>
>It matters because it breaks the build.
>
>Please remove it from the build. It's ok for it to be present, but don't
>compile it.

Which build are you talking about? The split source packages shouldn't have a problem with this.

For the unified source packages, we should probably simply skip the module if the compiler is not c++11 compliant. But I see no reason to remove it for compilers that can handle it. It's certainly not different from other modules such as web engine that also have stricter requirements on compilers or platforms than e.g. Qtbase.

Cheers,
Lars