[Development] How can Qt 5.6.0 MinGW pass in CI with QTBUG-49971 open?

Roland Winklmeier roland.m.winklmeier at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 08:56:35 CET 2016

Dear list,

I'm trying to understand a strange situation and hope you can enlighten me.
In December I have raised QTBUG-49971 (a FTBFS bug) since it was not
possible to build MinGW 4.9 with the alpha sources and also from git since
then. The issue is obvious: Commit e19bedc8466a6b8086a0048b7b88c0f6d3fa822f
introduced ''WINAPI_FAMILY_PC_APP" which is defined in the MSVC Windows API
but not in MinGW 4.9. So the built with MinGW fails.

So how is it possible that this error does not show up in CI? I did
download the Qt MinGW 4.9 version, so CI should fail to build.

Does anyone have an idea why it passes anyway?

Cheers Roland