[Development] debug symbols for official Qt releases

Ulf Hermann ulf.hermann at theqtcompany.com
Fri Mar 4 13:22:05 CET 2016

> The option is being evaluated. The main problem is that it seems that the
> installer size grows 2x with force-debug-info enabled, we need to confirm that
> it is not the case.

You can add the debug symbols as optional separate packages. People who need them can install them then, and we don't need to push larger installers to anyone else. In fact, the current release packages could be even smaller if we strip out the rudimentary debug symbols they currently contain.

regards,
Ulf