[Development] Problems with QtWebKit 5.6

Dmitry Shachnev mitya57.ml at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 19:40:38 CET 2016

Hi all,

I am currently packaging Qt 5.6 release candidate for Debian and I have
encountered some problems with QtWebKit.

1. Looks like the tarballs were build without calling syncqt. That issue was
   easy to work-around and we are now calling syncqt before the build. However
   it would be nice to have the final tarballs built properly.

2. There is a linking error when building libQt5WebKit.so on some architectures
   (arm, mipsel and s390x): it reports undefined reference to pthread_*, even
   though -lpthread is present in the command line.

   I compared it with QtWebKit 5.5.1 build log and noticed that in 5.5.0 log
   there are 10 occurences of -lpthread in link command, however in 5.6.0 there
   is only one — though it's early enough (before -lWebKit1 and -lWTF).

   Was there some optimization in qmake that removes duplicate link flags?

   Can it be the reason for this issue? If yes, is there any known workaround?

   The build logs are available at:
   https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=qtwebkit-opensource-src&suite=experimental

--
Dmitry Shachnev