[Development] Qt Coding Guidelines

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at kdab.com
Thu Mar 17 11:18:00 CET 2016

bounces+lars.knoll=theqtcompany.com at qt-project.org on behalf of
thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
> >On quarta-feira, 16 de março de 2016 21:43:00 PDT Knoll Lars wrote:
> >> Good initiative. I think this is the right idea. Let's put the coding
> >> guidelines into .qdoc files after having a decision on the ML.
> >
> >As I said, there is already a change by Marc that adds this file (it was
> >an .md instead of a .qdoc).
> >
> >I can't find it, though.
>
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/142782/

This document is about the level of C++ support required by that release of
Qt. I don't want it to be about formatting, too, other than pointing out bugs
in implementation that we need to work around. Formatting could/should be a
separate document, because it's more stable.

I still plan to put all of the prose in that change into a config test for 5.7,
so we also programmatically check it.

If qdoc would start looking into config.tests, too, that might be a reson to
change from markdown (which others have preferred independently, too,
incidentally) to qdoc format and create the list from the config test.

Thanks,
Marc

Tel: +49-30-521325470
KDAB - The Qt Experts