[Development] Qt Coding Guidelines

Mathias Hasselmann mathias at taschenorakel.de
Thu Mar 17 11:24:10 CET 2016

Am 17.03.2016 um 10:01 schrieb Sorvig Morten:
> How about treating the coding guidelines as \internal documentation?
> We could then at some point build and publish it together with the
> rest of the \internal's. (suitably separated from the public user
> documentation)

Actually having the Qt code style as public document proved to be
extremely useful in the past to quickly shutdown this inevitable and
highly annoying bike shed discussion about code style that happens at
the start of every other project. Also in the future I'd like to say:

"We do a Qt based project and for consistency I propose to follow the Qt
code style: It's a good and proven style guide. Just read it
http://wiki.qt.io/Coding_Conventions and then focus on real problems."

Thank you,
Mathias