[Development] RFD: Removing environment variable support from configure

Olivier Goffart olivier at woboq.com
Fri Mar 18 09:51:38 CET 2016

Am Donnerstag, 17. März 2016, 21:31:27 CET schrieb Knoll Lars:
> Yes, let's drop this. Btw, I'm currently anyway working on changing how
> configuration handling is done for Qt, so there will be some changes in
> this area coming for Qt 5.8.

How then are we going to insert custom compiler flags?

Inserting custom compiler flags is usefull tu test new compiler features or
such. For example testing C++11 before it was supported by Qt, testing
analyzer toolr. Using clang plugin such as clazy or other ctatic analyzers. Or
trying out afl (the fuzzer, ok, IIRC this was only changing $CXX and $CC).

There should be an alternative. And i don't think editing the configure script
is a good one.
(Unless there is already an alternative which I don't know of.)

--
Olivier

Woboq - Qt services and support - https://woboq.com - https://code.woboq.org