[Development] Problems with QtWebKit 5.6 / Please do not remove QtWebkit from 5.6 official binaries

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 13:50:54 CET 2016

Thiago Macieira wrote:

> On sábado, 19 de março de 2016 09:58:34 PDT René J. V. Bertin wrote:
>> Can you please post the correct way to invoke syncqt? The incantations I
>> tried didn't change my errors :
>
> mkdir .git; qmake

Should I understand that when using the qtwebkit 5.6.0 tarball from
community_releases :

- it is not necessary to run syncqt (knowing there's no include directory in the
tarball)
- the presence of a .git directory makes a difference even when empty?

Answer: apparently syncqt been rolled into qmake, to be triggered by the
presence of a .git directory. That's nice. We'll see if the build goes through
now..

Out of curiosity: what happens with 3rd party projects with a .git directory,
how does qmake know when not to run syncqt?

R.