[Development] [OS X] next Qt 5.6.0 question : Freetype (building with -fontconfig)?

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 17:20:57 CET 2016

Sergio Martins wrote:

> I don't think so, see QCocoaIntegration::fontDatabase(), it returns
> QCoreTextFontDatabase inconditionally.
>
> Doesn't seem like much work to support fontconfig though.

And it could make sense if the goal is indeed to provide identical font
rendering across platforms, even more if the goal (of certain applications I've
seen cited in this context) is to get the best possible rendering quality.

I don't have any direct experience using the fontconfig API, so I won't be
playing with this myself anytime soon I fear.

R.