[Development] Problems with QtWebKit 5.6 / Please do not remove QtWebkit from 5.6 official binaries

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 10:31:13 CET 2016

Konstantin Tokarev wrote:

>> #include <WebCore/RunLoop.h>
>> ^
>> 1 error generated.
>
> Look in build log for generate-forwarding-headers.pl invocation. Does it
> produce any errors?

I don't think I noticed any errors in the output from syncqt, but I'll double
check.

I'm not seeing this kind of errors on headers that appear to be Mac-specific in
any way. The way they're included does correspond to the OS X framework set-up;
here, RunLoop.h could be a public header of a WebCore framework
(WebCore.framework/Headers/RunLoop.h). It doesn't seem impossible that syncqt.pl
somehow takes that into consideration, which would be a valid assumption for
dependencies that are supposed to be installed already.

BTW: no, I'm not trying to build qtwebkit 5.6.0 with an older version already
installed in the target location. Ultimately I'd want that to work too (but it
always did for qtwebkit so, first things first).

R.