[Development] Problems with QtWebKit 5.6 / Please do not remove QtWebkit from 5.6 official binaries

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 14:10:43 CET 2016

On Sunday March 20 2016 15:01:01 Konstantin Tokarev wrote:

>> Anyway, a legacy-style monolithic *shadow* build with qtwebkit alongside the
>> other Qt5 components just completed OK so at least now we know that this is
>> still possible.
>
>Do I understand correctly that you were trying to build QtWebKit in non-shadow way?
>This is not supported.

Until now both approaches failed for me.

However, from what Thiago showed me yesterday one can (probably) infer that QtWebKit is supposed to be built inside its source tree - that's how qmake can see the .git directory and invoke syncqt as it should be invoked.

But indeed the standalone in-tree build just failed again for me, using the same git checkout :-/

R.