[Development] Problems with QtWebKit 5.6 / Please do not remove QtWebkit from 5.6 official binaries

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 17:55:23 CET 2016

Konstantin Tokarev wrote:

>> So how am I supposed to invoke generate-forwarding-headers.pl ?
>
> No, it should be execute as a part of build process

Apparently the one from Makefile.WebKit2.DerivedSources hasn't been executed at
the time the error occurs. Nor has the one from WebCore, btw.

When I build the fwheader_generator target from each of those Makefiles manually
I don't get any errors.

And after that the build continues beyond the previously cited error, only to
halt on

qtwebkit-opensource-
src-5.6.0/Source/WebKit2/WebProcess/InjectedBundle/DOM/InjectedBundleNodeHandle.cpp:42:10:
fatal error: 'WebCore/HTMLNames.h' file not found
#include <WebCore/HTMLNames.h>
         ^
1 error generated.

Why on earth does this have to be so difficult, while the way qtwebkit is no
longer supposed to be built worked just fine?!