[Development] Allowed C++11 features [was: Re: Re: MSVC2012 in CI]

Giuseppe D'Angelo dangelog at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 15:31:24 CET 2016

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 3:01 PM, André Somers <andre at familiesomers.nl> wrote:
> Are we following Sean Parent though? Because if we are, we better start
> thinking about also replacing our QObject parent/child stuff with some
> external forest data structure in the future...

Please, can we avoid thread derailment again? :)

This is about allowing unrestricted usage of template aliases (and
other C++11 features) given we're dropping MSVC2012 support. Building
good APIs with those features is totally orthogonal (for instance we
might simply want to use those features in the implementation).

Cheers,
--
Giuseppe D'Angelo