[Development] What qtbase looks like with extensive use of auto

André Pönitz apoenitz at t-online.de
Tue Mar 22 00:00:29 CET 2016

On Sat, Mar 19, 2016 at 07:02:08PM +0100, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> It is not quite AAA, as it doesn't convert
>
>  QString s;
>
> into
>
>  auto s = QString();
> I used it to port qtbase to an extensive use of auto:
>
>  https://github.com/steveire/qtbase/commits/aaa
>
> This isn't something I want to push for Qt to apply,

Good that you don't want to push that for Qt to apply.

It would be too bad see Qt end up as a staging ground for
code style experiments.

But of course this can't happen, as the Qt Project is a
consensus-based community, and nobody has the intention
to introduce an AAA policy without consensus, correct?

Andre'