[Development] Changing definition of Qt meta macro to allow tools integration

Olivier Goffart olivier at woboq.com
Thu Mar 31 00:10:48 CEST 2016

Am Mittwoch, 30. März 2016, 12:39:58 CEST schrieb Thiago Macieira:

> > > You've proposed it for dev, but I think it deserves at least 5.7. I
> > > don't
> > > have a problem in it landing in 5.6, but I don't see much benefit there
> > > since qdoc for 5.6 is already released and Qt Creator will need to deal
> > > with 5.6.0 as-is and previous versions anyway.
> >
> > What minimum version of Qt will Qt Creator released in 2 year from now
> > require? (to develop with)
> > Will it be Qt 5.6.0 or Qt 5.6.1? Or maybe 5.6.7?
> > I don't think it will be 5.6.0.
>
> What minimum version of Qt will Qt Creator be able to edit files from?
> Probably Qt 4.0.

Yes, maybe even Qt 1.44 :-)

The question is rather, the Qt creator that will be release in 2 years will
maybe want to use these macros to auto complete signals/slots and properties.
I would assume some people would still have a LTS version of Qt which would
then be, say Qt 5.6.4.   So then it would be valable to habe this patch in the
LTS branch.  Same goes for KDevelop, or other (possibly future) tools or
analyzers that could support the LTS version if this patch goes in the 5.6
branch.

--
Olivier

Woboq - Qt services and support - https://woboq.com - https://code.woboq.org