[Development] Changing definition of Qt meta macro to allow tools integration

André Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Thu Mar 31 07:54:03 CEST 2016

Op 31/03/2016 om 06:04 schreef Thiago Macieira:
> On quinta-feira, 31 de março de 2016 00:10:48 PDT Olivier Goffart wrote:
>> The question is rather, the Qt creator that will be release in 2 years will
>> maybe want to use these macros to auto complete signals/slots and
>> properties. I would assume some people would still have a LTS version of Qt
>> which would then be, say Qt 5.6.4.   So then it would be valable to habe
>> this patch in the LTS branch.
> I don't think it's valuable because those tools will need to deal with Qt
> 5.6.0 and older.

"Deal with" can be done on many levels. I'd say it would be acceptable
if some more advanced features are not available for older Qt versions.
Sure you can edit projects based on old Qt versions, but do you really
think that it has to offer the same level of tooling that is made
possible with newer versions? So for what its worth, I think I'm with
Olivier here: it makes sense to put it in an LTS that is expected to see
use for a long time yet.

André